ZYGO’s ZeGage Plus is a 3D optical surface profiler possessing sub-nanometer precision. It builds upon the capabilities of the ZeGage profiler with quicker measurement speed, better precision, and a better range of measurable surfaces, while maintaining its ease of use, vibration insensitivity, and small footprint.
The ZeGage Plus optical profiler measures a wider range of surfaces from super smooth to very rough, with sub-nanometer precision and independent field of view. Surface finishes on materials such as glass, ceramic and metal may include ground, honed, polished, lapped, and super-polished.
For high-speed measurements, the ZeGage Plus is capable of scanning up to twice as fast as the ZeGage, providing better throughput and quicker time-to-data for production metrology.
As with the ZeGage profiler, the Mx™ interactive control software provides simple and detailed visualization to help users control their process.
- Superior gage capability with sub-nanometer precision and quantitative surface metrology
- Proprietary non-contact measurement technology has low sensitivity to vibration effects, which eliminates the need for vibration isolation platforms in several applications
- High-resolution one million pixel image sensor offers fast areal measurements in seconds, for excellent visualization and surface detail
- Correlates to both 3D and 2D standards, and complies with surface roughness parameters of ISO 25178
- Integrated focus and autofocus aid simplify part setup and reduce operator variability
- Field stitching and totally-automated measurement sequences allow high resolution inspection of large areas (optional motorized part stage is required)
- Measures a wide range of surface materials and finishes, from super smooth to rough, such as steep slopes and large steps
- Part damage is prevented with the non-contact metrology technique
- 2D and 3D profiling of surface texture, form, step-height, and more
- Included Mx software offers detailed tools for analysis, visualization, and reporting of surface data
- Selectable field-of-view and magnification with a number of imaging and system options
- Area-based measurement is not sensitive to part lay
Productivity and Value
- Compact, vibration-tolerant SureScan™ technology enables easy integration anywhere in the user’s facility
- Cost-effective price-to-performance ratio compares well to alternative systems, such as mechanical contact stylus profilers
- Simplified operation results in low service and training costs
- Non-contact method means that there are no consumable replacement costs to be apprehensive about
- Consumables are not needed for measurements
- High-output, durable LED light source for years of trouble-free operation
The key features of the ZeGage Plus are as follows:
- Up to 2X quicker vertical scan rate compared to standard ZeGage
- Vibration-resistant, for process control, and production floor metrology measures almost all surfaces ranging from super-smooth to rough
- Over 20X better surface topography repeatability when compared with standard ZeGage
Mx Software Screen