RF and Microwave Applications and Systems
- Discusses the fundamentals, technologies, and applications at the heart of modern wireless communications
- Includes new chapters on WiMAX and broadband cable in addition to new and updated material throughout
- Contains 304 illustrations, 93 tables, and 373 equations
- Offers contributions by leading experts from industry and academia
- Covers the latest developments and technologies impacting the wireless field, including the underlying physics.
This volume, RF and Microwave Applications and Systems, includes a wide range of articles that discuss RF and microwave systems used for communication and radar and heating applications. Commercial, avionics, medical, and military applications are addressed. An overview of commercial communications systems is provided. Past, current, and emerging cellular systems, navigation systems, and satellite-based systems are discussed. Specific voice and data commercial systems are investigated more thoroughly in individual chapters that follow. Detailed discussions of military electronics, avionics, and radar (both military and automotive) are provided in separate chapters. A chapter focusing on FR/microwave energy used for therapeutic medicine is also provided.
Systems considerations including thermal, mechanical, reliability, power management, and safety are discussed in separate chapters. Engineering processes are also explored in articles about corporate initiatives, cost modeling, and design reviews. The book closes with a discussion of the underlying physics of electromagnetic propagation and interference.
Click here for further information