Aurora Networks, Inc., the number one optical access solution provider for cable operators, will showcase its industry-leading European product line and unveil new solutions at this year’s ANGA COM event, taking place June 4-6 in Cologne, Germany.
As Europe’s market continues to see an increased need for further network capacity required to deliver bandwidth-intensive services, Aurora Networks will display products and technologies that enable service providers to answer these needs. These include digital return optimized for BK networks, multi-wavelength segmentation, Fiber Deep, the industry’s first Node QAM technology, Trident7® Unified PON Portfolio (including a live provisioning demo) and the first European showcase of the former Harmonic optical transmission equipment.
In addition, James “Jim” O. Farmer, chief system architect, FTTP solutions, Aurora Networks, will deliver a presentation titled “The Role of DPoE™ in Transitioning from HFC to FTTH” during the “FTTH and Wi-Fi - The Door to TV 2.0” technology panel on Tuesday, June 4, from 2:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. (CET) in room B.
Aurora Networks is located at stand 09, hall 10.1 at the ANGA COM.
What Aurora Networks Says
“Aurora Networks’ presence at ANGA COM, supported by a lineup of industry-first products and new technologies, is a clear indicator of our leadership in Europe,” said John Dahlquist, vice president, marketing, Aurora Networks. “We look to continue our strong growth in the region, as Europe’s market has demonstrated a tremendous opportunity for us, and we reinforce our commitment to our customers and products of the former Harmonic optical transmission equipment.”
Aurora Networks' Solutions at ANGA COM
- Former Harmonic Optical Transmission Product Line – this will be the first European showcase of the former Harmonic equipment.
- Digital Return – the first to be customized for Germany’s unique BK architecture. As shown with its field-proven 5-65 MHz Digital Return module for the NC2000 and NC4000 optical node platforms, this technology enables cable operators to cost-effectively and efficiently segment their networks, doubling and quadrupling available capacity.
- Multi-wavelength Segmentation – includes Aurora Networks’ high-performance full spectrum DWDM transmitters, a very cost-effective technology to significantly increase capacity-per-subscriber without expensive fiber construction. The company will also showcase its PWRBlazer™ HLN3142E node, the industry’s most compact 4x4 segmentable node, along with the HLP4800 high-density headend platform.
- Fiber Deep – cable’s first truly green network architecture, providing a future-proof platform for cable operators. Aurora Networks’ solution eliminates the need for RF amplifiers, resulting in power costs reduced by approximately 50 percent and operating costs by approximately 65 percent.
- Node QAM Technology – the optimal solution to address the growing trend of migration to IP. Aurora Networks’ module Node QAM is the industry’s first module capable of delivering any mix of services—broadcast, narrowcast, cable IPTV, and data, even in the same QAM channel.
- Unified PON Portfolio – including a live provisioning demo, offers operators the most options by supporting GPON and EPON standards, along with a remotely distributed Node PON option for deployment in optical node platforms.