Table of Contents
Efficiently and safely monitor both the temperature and positioning of sheet metal during press hardening with PRESS-CHECK. The automated test system uses two powerful high-end thermographic cameras to monitor the temperature before, during and after the pressing process, enabling the continuous measurement of two-dimensional temperature distribution and ultimately ensuring compliance with the thermal process parameters.
This results in components with the designed microstructure and a corresponding local resistance distribution. Consistently high quality is guaranteed by the thermographic-based, two-dimensional monitoring of process temperatures, with distinct advantages over selective temperature measurements offered by pyrometers.
The process-specific temperature limits for the differently shaped metal parts can be managed and stampings with different thermal signatures can be automatically removed to reduce wastage rates. Furthermore, the software checks whether a sheet is inserted into the press, checks how it is positioned and recognizes double sheets. If necessary, the press is stopped automatically.
PRESS-CHECK is connected to the higher-level control system of the respective press, and transmits data as well as classification of all pressings. Manage the various molds and the associated measurement values automatically, even creating logs, with the test software.
This system is practical for all applications running on the press without the need for additional equipment and setup time. Highly reliable components, special protective housings, a flexible design and industry-standard data interfaces mean the PRESS-CHECK test systems can be easily integrated into any press processes.
- Two thermal imaging cameras for temperature control before and after pressing
- Extensive monitoring of the entire surface of the sheet
- Position control, situational awareness, double sheet detection
- Fully automatic, process-synchronous operation
- No additional setup time
- More efficient production process by automatically sorting sheets or stopping the press
- Temperature measurement and classification of sheet metal parts
- Adaptation to different press manufacturers through flexible system structure and data interface
- Parameter setting, monitoring, operation, representation, evaluation and reporting by the software
- Automatic test mode for temperature, loading and position control
- Ease of use via an intuitive user interface
- Parameterisation and setup
- User management
- Data and recipe management
- Automatic data transfer to higher-level control system
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by InfraTec GmbH.
For more information on this source, please visit InfraTec GmbH.