Coherent's TR-MICRO THz-Raman® system can be directly mounted onto various common microscope platforms and micro-Raman systems. It can also be easily switched in and out of the optical path.
The TR-MICRO THz-Raman® system includes an OndaxSureLock™ 785 nm, 850 nm, 976 nm or 1064 nm laser source, optional circular polarization, and notch filters. Linear polarization comes as standard. Coherent also provides a sample imaging camera or a 532 nm excitation source upon request.
The ultra-compact THz-Raman® series platforms can be easily connected through fiber to almost all types of spectrometers or Raman systems. The patented SureBlock™ ultra-narrow-band Volume Holographic Grating (VHG) filters from Coherent can accurately block only the Rayleigh excitation with >OD8 attenuation. As a result, both Stokes and anti-Stokes signals can be captured at the same time.
A high-power, wavelength-stabilized, ASE-free single-frequency laser source is accurately matched to the filters in order to ensure the highest throughput and superior attenuation of the excitation source.
The "Second Fingerprint" of Raman
The patented THz-Raman® Spectroscopy Systems from Coherent extend the range of traditional Raman spectroscopy into the terahertz/low-frequency regime, enabling exploration of the same range of energy transitions like terahertz spectroscopy without sacrificing the ability to measure the fingerprint region.
This region reveals a novel “structural fingerprint” to complement the traditional “chemical fingerprint” of Raman. As a result, both molecular structure and chemical composition can be tested simultaneously in a single instrument for advanced materials characterization, and structural attributes of a material can be clearly differentiated in real time.
This capability enables accurate identification and analysis of raw material sources, crystal formation, defects and contamination, polymorphs, phase monitoring, and synthesis techniques.
The ability to perform structural and composition analysis simultaneously and in real time eliminates the need for numerous samples and instruments, reducing capital, training, and maintenance costs.
Key Benefits of THz-Raman® Series Platforms
The following are the key benefits of the THz- Raman® Series platforms:
- Higher SNR with inbuilt calibration reference
- Compact, easy-to-use, and can be adapted with any currently available Raman systems
- Both chemical composition and molecular structure can be obtained from one Raman measurement
- Quicker, more complete and consistent measurements
- Real-time structural monitoring and chemical analysis
Key Features of THz-Raman® Series Platforms
The THz-Raman® Series platforms have the following features:
- Can be offered as a full custom configured system
- Rapid collection of THz-Raman® spectra from 5 cm-1 - >3000 cm-1 (150 GHz - 90 THz)
- Fiber coupling enables easy interface to a broad range of spectrometers
- Simple optical in/out switch moves the system from optical path when not operational
- Compatible with Olympus, Zeiss, Nikon, Leica microscopes
The following are the key applications of the THz-Raman® Series platforms:
- Trace detection and source attribution of drugs/explosives/hazmat
- Structural studies of photovoltaics, nano- and bio-materials, and semiconductors
- Crystallization and reaction monitoring
- Polymorph identification and analysis
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Coherent.
For more information on this source, please visit Coherent.