|Laser Institute of America
|November 5, 2008
LIA's Laser Safety Officer Course is the most comprehensive and convenient
program available -- NOW FULLY ONLINE. With access to the training online, you
can enhance your laser safety knowledge whenever it's convenient for you, from
home or the office. Save time and money because travel is no longer necessary.
Learn at your own pace and set your own schedule.
Course Overview -- Enhance your knowledge today.
The LIA Laser Safety Officer course is packed with useful information that
you can take back to your organization and apply immediately. With a focus on
safety program development and administration, it covers lasers and optics,
bioeffects, beam and non-beam hazards, control measures and training requirements.
Through a non-mathematical approach, the course is designed to teach the administrative
duties of the Laser Safety Officer as described in the ANSI Z136.1 Safe Use
of Lasers standard. In addition, the course meets all LSO training requirements
outlined by ANSI, OSHA and ACGIH. You will earn 3.0 ABIH CM Points, 32 CECs
by AAHP and 3.0 BLS CM Points by the Board of Laser Safety.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Get the latest information from the experts at the Accredited Standards
Committee Z136 Safe Use of Lasers. They will provide up-to-date information
on Federal, State and International laser safety regulations.
- Learn the fundamentals and terminology necessary for a complete understanding
of current laser safety information.
- Get a complete overview of MPE's, NHZ's, NOHD.
- Examine effects of lasers on the eye and skin.
- Review the history of laser accidents.
- Study non-beam issues such as laser-generated airborne contaminants and
- Review Laser Control Measures and Personal Protective Equipment such as
laser eyewear. This includes controls recommended by ANSI Z136 industry safety
standards, and reviews compliance requirements mandated by OSHA.
- Take away strategies in laser safety program administration including training
requirements for laser personnel, medical surveillance and Laser Safety Officer
duties and responsibilities.
The registration fee includes:
- Username and password good for ten days. Access to the course is unlimited
during that time period.
- Complete set of color course notes in portable document format (PDF).
- Sample documentation including self-audit forms and questions, standard
operating procedures, and policies and procedures.
- Electronic version of ANSI Z136.1 (2007) Safe Use of Lasers safety standard.
- Printable LSO certificate of completion at the end of the course.
- All course materials are electronic and downloaded when the course is purchased.