GL Communications, a global provider of PC-based test, analysis and simulation products and consulting services, has recently declared the availability of its product, OC-3 STM-1 and OC-12 STM-4 Analyzer software for Packet Over SONET (POS) mode.
The significant features of the analyzer are summarized as follows:
- It is capable of supporting signal rates of 622.08 Mbps for OC-12 interface and 155.52 Mbps for OC-3.
- It sustains payload scrambling of polynomial 1+X^43
- It can capture and evaluate Point-to-Point Protocol over SONET/SDH as per RFC 2615
- With internal logic, it supports wire speed cell generation and processing on single or multiple ports.
- Supports up to 16 128 bit hardware filters. These protocol independent filters offer a greater flexibility and simplified deep packet inspection with supporting filter offset feature
- IP Statistics include UDP data over IP Layer frame count, IP Packets Received, and IP Checksum Errors.
- SONET Statistics such as Link State, Line REI (FEBE), Line Speed, Line BIP, Section LOS, Section BIP (B1), Section LOF, Line AIS, Line RDI, (B2), Path AIS, Path RDI, Path BIP (B3), and Path REI (FEBE).
- Packet statistics include Rx Abort Packet Count, Tx/Rx Byte Count, Maximum Packet Length Violation Error Count, Tx/Rx Packet Count, Rx FCS Error Count, and Rx Minimum.
- Loopback options encompass diagnostic loopback, software Rx-to-Tx memory loopback, line loopback, and PL3 loopback options.
- Single or multiple ports support Point-to-Point protocol analysis.
- Generation and study of payloads at wire speed are supported by Bit Error Rate Test module. In addition, numerous PRBS patterns and user-defined patterns are supported as payload. It provides report on error rate, SES, error count, and sync loss.
- For each packet, incremented sequence number based data enables memory-based transmit or receive test.
- It is capable of capturing data to file on separate ports, restrained only by the size of hard disk.